Signalling Power System
Power supply for signalling systems require special considerations because
- Modern rail transport system depends the performance of which affects modern society and economy as never before and cannot be allowed to fail due to disruptions of the signalling system.
- The power from commercial sourcees do not provide the availibility that a signalling system requires.
- The commercial power supply carries substantial electrical surges which is capable of crippling signalling circuit components.
- Signalling power supply feed track side components through cables and which exposes the power supply components to electrical surges mainly due to lightning from the track side.
- Signalling systems need to be fail safe and electrical isolation from earth plays an important role in this.